Thursday, June 17, 2010

Just the beginning...

I told my husband that this is just the beginning.
And beware.
Because this is the beginning of the end.
The start of one of the last stages of my life.
The end of my fertility.
The beginning of freedom.
The end of my youth.
Maybe....
I'm talking about menopause.
MENTAL-pause.

I'll be sitting here.
Or standing there.
When it hits me.
NOW.
I'm hot.

Not just hot.  Heated.
Heated to the core.
Now.
Right now.

And as suddenly as it comes on it can go away.
But when it does start, it's an immediate need that has to be met.

With a fan.
An airconditioner.
Some ice.
Laying in the floor.

And it makes me very thankful that we have ceramic tile in the kitchen.  It's a backup for my heat flashes.

And this is just the beginning.

No comments:

Post a Comment