Sunday, March 22, 2009

Faithfully - by Journey

I'm sitting on my bed.

It's a beautiful "just before spring" day.

The sun is shining through the windows. It's a Sunday. I've taken a nap. I need a shower.

But I'm drawn to write.

So I'm sitting on my bed, with the radio on.

The little one is playing a video game.

The big one is taking a nap from his midnight shift job.

And I'm thinking of my new post. How to compose it. Where to begin.

And there it is!

On the radio.

The beginning strands of a familiar song.

A song from "then".

But --ahhh-- it's not the song, but it's close.

And for a moment I'm transported to my youth. To the time when I loved JK.

The memories don't flood my mind.
They don't take over my soul.
They don't cause me harm or uneasy feelings.

Quite the opposite: The song leaves me with a smile.

I've had a good life.

No comments:

Post a Comment