Sunday, March 22, 2009

The Song Remembers When

I love music. LOVE music.
It's a part of me.
A living, breathing part of me.

So many of my memories are wrapped around a song.

So many songs are wrapped around my memories.

And with today's technology, in a matter of minutes, you can be listening to just about any song you can think of.

Still, my favorite way to hear a song is on the radio.

You're sitting somewhere.
Just minding your own business.
Washing your hair.
Reading a book.
Looking through a magazine.

You're driving somewhere.
Talking to yourself.
Yelling at the person driving in front of you.
Trying to make the kids sit still/be quiet/stop making a mess.

And suddenly, there it is.
The first strands of a familiar song.

And suddenly, it happens.

The world around you slips away.

And you're transported.

To another time.

And you're reliving the memories.
Reliving the moments.
Reliving the feelings from so long ago.

Because the song remembers when . . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment