Friday, March 20, 2009

The Dog

Well, I woke up at 5:00 this morning, which is probably the third time I'd been awake during the night.

But at 5:00 I needed to go to the bathroom. But then I started weighing my options....

If I get out of bed and start moving around, my little one will hear me and he'll wake up. "Mommm!?" He'll ask. And then I have to make him go back to sleep.

And if I cross the hallway to the bathroom, then I risk the chance of waking up the dog.

I'm not sure if my husband came home for lunch and let her out or not, so if she wakes up I'll feel guilted into going downstairs, getting dressed, searching for a coat because it's suddenly back to winter temperatures, and taking her outside to go potty.

So I sit here, an hour later, still holding it in.

And thinking about the old days in Kentucky when there was no indoor plumbing and they'd use "chamber pots" to get through the night in the winter months.

I held it back then, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment