Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Open Arms - by Journey

This is it! Finally.

"So now, I'll come to you with open arms.
Nothing to hide, I mean what I say.
So here I am with open arms.
Hoping you'll see, what your love means to me.
Open Arms"

"Living without you, living alone.
This empty house seems so cold.
...Wanting you near. How much I want to bring you home.

But now that you've come back, turned night into day,
I need you to stay."

I'm transferred back in time. Again, in love with Jimmy Keeton. A young girl--maybe in 7th grade. Or 8th. Junior High anyway. And in my mind I can see myself sitting at the table in the cafeteria with a group of friends and we're all talking about the best records. And someone mentions the album from Journey. On cassette.

And I realize that I can OWN the song that keeps playing in my mind.

Then I'm transferred to years and years later when I open the wallet I used in my youth. I'm an adult now. With a child. And there, stuck in a memo pad is a little note written to me from Jimmy. And I treasure it so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment