Monday, March 30, 2009

Sad.

I just learned that my cousin and his wife split up. And I'm sad.

I grew up with Ricky, but as we got older we went our own way. Eventually, his family moved to Kentucky. Eventually, he married Louise. She was so kind, and he was so in love with her.

Their love seemed more special because there was an age-difference between them. And though it seemed that he wanted children one day, and she already had children (and if I remember correctly, had her tubes tied), they seemed to compliment one another so well.

I found her yesterday on Facebook, when I was searching for Ricky. I received a message from her today in which she told me that Ricky left her.

And it made me sad.
For both of them.
For me.
For love.

Because, as I told Louise, I've learned that love really isn't enough to keep two people together.

Of course, I have no idea what went wrong in their relationship. She said she still loves him, and that's sad, too.

But Vanessa and I were just chatting this afternoon about divorce and being a good wife. And I told her that life is too short to be unhappy all the time. And, even though I think God wants us to marry for life, I'd divorce without hesitation if things got..."permanently bad". The thing that keeps me and Kent together through hardship is that he's my best friend.

Huh...I guess I should treat him as good as I would treat a friend....

Something to ponder, I guess, as I'm certain that I don't.....

Sad...

No comments:

Post a Comment